Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (Difi) aims to strengthen the government's work in renewing the Norwegian public sector and improve the organisation and efficiency of government administration.
Difi works to ensure that government administration in Norway is characterised by values of excellence, efficiency, user-orientation, transparency and democracy. We aim to develop the organisation and leadership of the public sector, with coordination among public authorities and services.
Our tasks include:
- Providing assistance with reorganisation processes in the public sector
- Supporting the development of leaders, employees and management of human resources within the public sector
- Setting up solid public procurement procedures
- Encouraging coordinated and cost-efficient use of ICT within the public sector
- Making public information and services more accessible for citizens and public agencies
- We also give advice to other bodies of the Norwegian central government in giving institutional building assistance to new democracies.
On request, we provide public sector managers with advice and assist with official reports and evaluations. We also suggest and carry out assignments ourselves.
Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (Difi) was established 1 January 2008, following a merger of the previous public agencies Statskonsult, Norway.no and the Norwegian eProcurement Secretariat.
The agency is overseen by the Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation (KMD).